Pendants are a classic type of lighting that comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, and styles. Pendants can be used in different spots around your home, but they look best above a kitchen island. They provide the right amount of light. You can choose how many pendants to hang over the island as well.
There are many great reasons to use modern LED pendant lights in your home. Before you purchase pendant lights for your home, you should make sure you know what you are looking for. This will help to ensure you are happy with the overall style of your home. There are many different options available so thoughtful consideration is necessary.
Here are 7 tips for choosing the right pendant lights for your home:
- Make sure the pendant’s size is proportional to the space. The size of the pendant should fit the size of the space. If you’re hanging a pendant above a kitchen sink, you should choose a single pendant in a small size. If you’re hanging a single pendant above a kitchen island, it should be fairly large. A small pendant above a large kitchen island will look out of place. If you are hanging a pendant over a small desk, you can use a smaller pendant. Be sure to compare the different pendant sizes when you are shopping. Save the large ones for large areas and the small ones for small areas. You can also hang multiple small pendants in a row over a large surface.
- Consider the height of the space. When you hang a pendant light, the bottom rim should be 30 inches from the island. This is important to keep in mind as you shop. You need to find a pendant light that follows this guideline. If you’re hanging pendant lights elsewhere in the home, you should leave plenty of space for people to walk past. If your ceilings are too low, it may be wise to choose a different type of lighting that does not hang so low.
- Look for pendant lights that send the light upward. It can be challenging to focus on functionality as you look for the perfect modern pendants for your home. You should decide how you want to use the pendants. If the pendants are going to be used for task lighting in the kitchen, look for a pendant that is open on the top. This will provide soft lighting. If you simply want to add more light to an already lit space, you should make sure you have plenty of light sources throughout the room.
- Select the colors and materials that match your home. Most modern LED pendant lights are available in glass and chrome. If you would like to use a chrome pendant, you have fewer options. Choosing a modern pendant in glass gives you more options. Before starting your search, you should determine what colors will look best in your home. Additionally, you should pay attention to the different types of metal detailing on the pendants. You might be more focused on the overall color or style of the pendant, but the details should match your home as well.
- Find pendants that are easy to clean. Some shapes of pendants can be tricky to clean. It is important to keep all types of light fixtures clean so you will need to clean them regularly. Take a look at the pendant before you buy it to ensure you can clean it easily. Be sure to look at the item’s details to see if there are cleaning instructions. Some fixtures have very specific cleaning instructions while others allow you to simply use water or glass cleaner. You can try to use Vacuum Cleaner for your home cleaning.
- Avoid lights that are too bright. Sometimes, pendant lights can provide too much light. Though you want to create some light in the space, you may not want bright light. With pendant lighting, there are a few different ways you can get just the right lighting. A pendant with a light diffuser can help to soften the light. You can also choose semi-opaque bulbs, which help to prevent the light from being too bright. A dimmer switch can be helpful because it can give you control over how bright or dim the room is. You can change it as needed.
- Determine the purpose of the pendants. There are many different types of pendant lighting available and they can serve different purposes. It’s important to determine why or how you are going to use the pendants. You can find pendants for different uses. Here are some of the uses of pendant lighting:
- Task lighting provides light in a targeted area. For example, this might be over a desk where you are working or over an island where you are cooking.
- Accent lighting is designed to highlight a specific area of the room. You might hang a pendant above an art piece to place emphasis on it. You could also use accent lighting over a countertop. The light will make the countertop sparkle.
- Another option is ambient lighting. This type of lighting provides light to an entire area. Ambient lighting is typically gentle lighting.
- Decorative lighting is purely decorative. The fixture may be decorative and feature a unique design. The shadow or sparkle produced by the light can also be decorative. Some pendants cast unique shadows and sparkles on the ceiling.
Choosing the right modern pendants for your home is an important part of the decorating process. Lighting is essential due to its functionality. Of course, the design elements come into play when you begin shopping for light fixtures.
As you look for modern pendants to hang above a kitchen island or in another place in your home, be sure to follow these guidelines. They can help to guide you in the right direction to make sure your home fits your modern style and you can also buy lamps online for your home. Spending the time to make the right decision about pendant lighting can help to ensure you find lighting that you like and appreciate for years to come.